Brett co-founded Plano-Coudon with Ryan Coudon in September 1998, and currently he serves as co-CEO and the President.
The product of a family of engineers, Brett is known for his energy, his quick business mind and his entrepreneurial drive. With a solid foundation from institutions like Mt. Saint Joseph High School in Baltimore and the School of Engineering at Virginia Tech, he got his start managing construction projects for clients in healthcare and higher education.
Although he enjoyed wearing the many hats of client development, preconstruction, and project management in the early days of Plano-Coudon, he has appreciated being able to focus more recently on growth, employee development and key client relationships. Moving forward, he is eager to turn his energy and attention toward strategic planning and future growth.
Brett is particularly proud of the civic and charitable service work he and Ryan have done with the Plano-Coudon Foundation and on the multiple boards and committees he has served throughout his time at Plano-Coudon.
Passions outside of P-C:
In his free time, he loves reading about history, playing golf, spending time with his wife, three teenage children and planning travel adventures for his family.
“You’ll always miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” – Wayne Gretzky and Michael Scott
Boards, Awards and Personal Affiliations:
- Co-Founder, Plano-Coudon Foundation
- Board of Trustees, Mt. Saint Joseph High School; 2000-2009
- Board of Trustees, Community Homes Housing Inc. ; 2010 – present
- Board of Trustees, Charles Street Development Corporation; 2010 – present
- Board of Trustees, Howard County Nature Conservancy; 2013 – present
- Board of Trustees, Catholic Charities, Baltimore; 2016 – present
- Server – Our Daily Bread
- Leadership Howard County, 2010
- 2009 Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award
- Member of Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association